Sep 23, 2010

Testing Flock & Sculpey (part 2)



So, after a day's testing of this flocking idea I was left with a small amount of the original flock/clay mixture, a reasonably ugly test head and an idea to make something of it all. Since I'd worked 'up' in lightness of material during the original test, I decided to see if I could bring the original base colour out with a final layer. What resulted is my little version of The Plague. The hood is just slapped into place for this shot, but I thought the darker material in it did reasonably well to frame the flock-tested face.In the end, the only coloured clay used is in this cloak. I'm not feeling too bad at all on a first try.

1 comment:

  1. Scary, mask, speaking of masks I found this website http://www.thatsmyface.com/f/masks that can create a super-realistic mask of anyone from just a photo. Imagine going as yourself, your boss, your favorite celebrity or worst enemy to a Halloween party?!

    ReplyDelete